Giant 2W RAce 1 

Covid-19 FAQ

  1. How will I know if Race 1 will go ahead or not?

We are hoping to be able to give a good clear steer on Monday 5th October 2020 @ 6pm. However, given the current environment, things can change very quickly right up until race day. We recommend that you continue to monitor your emails and our Facebook page for updates. 

  2. Why Monday 5th October 2020 @ 6pm? 

 

80% of riders in the 2W come from out of town. We felt that this date is far enough out from the event for those who are travelling to change their plans (in the case that we can confidently decide to reschedule) and close enough to have a better idea on what alert Level we are likely to be at then we would if we had to make the call right now. 

 

  3. What if the event reschedules, and I can't make it to the new race date?

 

In the first instance, your entry will be automatically transferred to the new date. If you contact us to let us know that you can't make it to the rescheduled date within 10 days of the announcement, you will have three options:

  • Option 1: 100% refund of entry fee (less applicable fees). If you have a Full Season Entry, then we will calculate a proportional refund for you. A $30 Withdrawal fee will be applied. 

  • Option 2: Rider transfers the entry to a friend. $30 Transfer fee will apply.

  • Option 3: Rider receives a Race credit for entry into Race 1 of the next season (2021/2022). No fees apply.

  Important note:

  Option 3 will only be available for 10 days after any announcement to reschedule. After that period, standard Terms and Conditions will once again apply

  4. What happens if the event cancels (indefinitely) as a result of Covid-19 related challenges?

We plan to do everything we can to ensure the race runs, and rescheduling is our preferred option. But there is a point within the last few days leading into the event where hard costs have accumulated to a point where rescheduling is not practicable. In the extremely unlikely event that we are forced to cancel in close proximity to the event due to a change in Alert Level, then the following refund options will be applied:

a. If the cancellation occurs more than 14 days out from the event:

Option 1: 100% refund of entry fee (less applicable fees).  If you have a Full Season Entry, then we will calculate a proportional refund for you.

Option 2: Rider receives a Race credit for entry into Race 1 of the next season (2021/2022). No fees apply.

b. if the cancellation occurs less than 14 days out from the event 

Option 1: 50% refund of entry fee (less applicable fees).  If you have a Full Season Entry, then we will calculate a proportional refund for you.

Option 2 (only if we are outside of 6 days pre event): Rider receives a Race credit for entry into Race 1 of the next season (2021/2022). No fees apply.

  5. What happens if the event cancels (indefinitely) as a result of other factors outside of the organisers control?

 

According to the Terms and Conditions on our website and the Consumer Guarantees act, technically there is no obligation for the organiser to refund in this situation. However, in this extremely unlikely scenario, our approach would be to calculate the hard costs incurred to date, and issue a proportional refund to riders for the balance (rather than following the letter of the law). Again, our objective would be to avoid this situation and reschedule/postpone if we can reasonably do so. 

 

  6. What exactly are the “applicable fees” referred to above and in the Terms and Conditions?

 

Applicable fees include credit card / transaction fees, booking fees, and any hard event costs that have been incurred to suppliers/partners by the organiser at the time of cancellation or rescheduling. 

  7. How will this affect Race 2 on Saturday 5th December? 

Hopefully it doesn’t. Once a decision has been made on Race 1, we will turn our attention to Race 2. In all likelihood we will follow a similar protocol to Race 1 (however we reserve the right to be able to adjust if we find a better way of approaching things!).

  8. I am not happy with the approach that the 2W is taking on this, and I want out. What are my options?

Our standard Terms and Conditions on Refunds and Transfers apply. Refer to https://www.enduronz.com/enter-now 

 

  9. What if I have a full series entry and can’t make the rescheduled date?

Refer to Question 2

  10. I am in the vulnerable health category; how will you keep me safe?

Firstly by not running if we are at Alert Level 2 for Race 1. However, even at Alert Level 1 We will implement event guidelines recommended by the Government. As individuals we expect all participants and spectators to do the same. 

If by Race 2 or 3 we have a protocol that enables us to run an event at Alert Level 2 then we will be sure to outline what you can expect from us, and what we will expect from you. 

  11. How do I process a refund (and what are the terms and conditions that apply)?

Refunds can be processed up until 2 weeks out from Race day, but they will incur a $30 withdrawal fee. Please complete the refund form which can be found at www.enduronz.com/changedetails

  12. I feel unwell, can I withdraw from the race? 

Yes - Please complete the form at www.enduronz.com/changedetails. A $30 withdrawal fee will apply. 

  13. Can I transfer to another race?

Unfortunately, the entire series is sold out, there are no available spaces to transfer entries from race to race at the present time. 

 

  14. Why can other events that are bigger than 2W still go ahead?

Events that are able to comply with government event guidelines and maintain “race bubbles” or ‘defined spaces’ are permitted to go ahead at Alert Level 2. However, for outdoor events, participants must be kept in defined spaces with fewer than 100 people throughout the entirety of the event. If a place has more than 1 defined space, then people should not intermingle between the defined places. This includes when entering, leaving, or using the toilet. Despite running multiple scenarios for race 1, we do not feel that we are able to honour these guidelines in a way that aligns with our core values and the welfare of our participants.  

 

  15. Why don’t you just hold the event in L2?

Having worked through multiple scenarios, we have not been able to sufficiently satisfy the government's guidelines and our teams core values whilst maintaining the integrity of the event for our riders in Race 1. We will continue to run scenario planning sessions and may or may not be in a better position to operate at Alert Level 2 in future. 

  16. Will there be food?

 

At Alert Level 1 food stations will remain as per normal. 

 

  17. Can I transfer my entry to someone else?

Totally, please complete the form by filling in your details at www.enduronz.com/changedetails. There is a $30 transfer fee to do this. 

 

  18. Who can I contact about this, it sucks.

Feel free to email the Event Director Craig Murray at craig@intrinsicevents.co.nz

 

  19. I am from x publication, who can I talk to about the decision-making process? (Media Enquiry)

Feel free to email the Event Director Craig Murray at craig@intrinsicevents.co.nz

 

  20. How will the shuttles run in L1?

Based on current information, Shuttles will be able to run at full capacity. 

 

  21. Will the race be any different in an Alert Level 1 environment?

A race taking place in Alert Level 1  will be the same as a regular Giant 2W Gravity Enduro, however, we will have an increase in sanitisers on site and will be encouraging everyone on site (riders, supporters, staff) to contact trace, wash hands, sneeze into elbows and stay home if they are feeling unwell. We strongly encourage the use of masks also. 

 

  22. It's all a bit confusing, can you please visually layout the decision making process and timelines?:

Unfortunately it is a bit complicated...below is the flow chart that we will be working to. Hopefully this doesn’t confuse you more…!

Contact

Intrinsic Events

Rotorua​​

​New Zealand

craig@intrinsicevents.co.nz

  • Facebook - White Circle
  • Instagram - White Circle
  • YouTube - White Circle
RMTBC Logo

Name *

Email *

Subject

Message

© 2020/21 Giant 2W Gravity Enduro Race Series