The MARK DUNLOP MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
Mark was a much loved member of our community. He was a passionate advocate of the sport that loved to foster and support other riders' mountain biking aspirations, and he had the courage to chase his dream overseas.
The Rotorua Mountain Bike Club owns and operates the Giant 2W Gravity Enduro Series each year with the primary goal of facilitating the Mark Dunlop Memorial Scholarship.
To foster and develop role models in our community by supporting the racing ambitions of the scholarship recipient enabling international experience with a grant of UP TO $10 000 (inc any gst)
This scholarship criteria for application/selection would be for riders who have ambitions for racing internationally. Money should be used to help the riders achieve experience at an international level
• Riders must be 16 years or older and be a NZ resident/citizen.
• Must have ridden at least (two) Giant 2W Gravity Enduro events of the current season
• Demonstration of ability and supported performance achievement
• Must have a firm commitment to race an international MTB event in the following calendar year.
• Rotorua MTB Club Members to have first priority at scholarships
• Clear preference is to award to a single individual but the RMTBC will retain the right to split if appropriate.
• Qualifying events include:
• EWS rounds
• Other suitable high profile international events at the discretion of the Club Committee
• In the absence of a suitable candidate in a given season the RMTBC reserves the right to withhold awarding the scholarship in any given year.
• Professional factory/team riders are not eligible while they are on full contracts. This is aimed at supporting the privateer style rider. Partially supported riders are still eligible.
To protect and enhance the reputation of the Scholarship and the RMTBC then the Scholarship Recipient must:
• sign a RMTBC code of conduct contract and adhere to this to remain eligible for scholarship.
• provide blogs/race reports including a report back to the RMTBC AGM
• regular (minimum monthly) social media posts that tag and recognise the Mark Dunlop Scholarship, Giant 2W Gravity Enduro and RMTBC.
• make themselves available for a reasonable amount of club event support upon request.
• Applications / nominations open immediately after the completion of Race 2 of Giant 2W Gravity Enduro with the process ending with the scholarship being awarded at Race 3 prizegiving.
• Email the Club Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org after race 2 expressing interest and an info pack
• From here submit your nomination / application by email to the secretary
• All applications and nominations will be examined and presented to the decision making panel.
• No correspondence or debate will be entered into after the scholarship is awarded.